This COVID-19 Call Center in the Lincoln Building was constructed in response to the public health crisis as an Erie County emergency project, using both State and Federal funds. Project plans had to be created within the restraints of the necessary pandemic precautions and the complexities of repurposing a building first occupied in 1880, which required compliance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966.
Interior planning succeeded in creating socially distanced layouts, few physical touch points, and multiple hand sanitizing stations located throughout the space. Following schematic design, the project was executed in phases. Phase 1 included roof replacement and developing the first and second floor as the call center. Phase 2 extended rehabilitation of these efforts to floors three and four. Lastly, Phase 3 involved the restoration of the building exterior.