NYSDOT Hazardous Waste Term Agreement
Watts has continuously been providing hazardous waste/contaminated materials consulting services to NYSDOT on this term agreement since 1994. This term agreement involves providing hazardous materials assessments and remediation design services on an as-needed basis throughout the Upstate Western Regions (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Hornell) of the NYSDOT. The current contract is the seventh consecutive 3 to 5 year term agreement in which we have participated.
Watts has contributed to over 145 task orders on the past six term agreements including investigatory and/or remediation work at more than 350 sites.
Watts has provided environmental scientists and engineers to prepare work plans, field sampling plans, assessment reports, preliminary and detailed site investigation reports, construction monitoring and inspection of remediation activities, and coordination and management of task orders. Services have included:
- Hazardous Waste/Contaminated Materials (HW/CM) Assessments (Phases I, II, and III)
- HW/CM Construction Monitoring
- Petroleum Bulk Storage Facility Audits
- Soil Gas Surveys and Soil Borings
- Groundwater Wells
- Multi-media Sampling (soil, sediment, liquid, etc.)
- Geophysical Surveys
- Waste Characterization
- Underground Storage Tank Pulls
- Field Sampling Plans
- Work Plan Documents (including NYSDEC IRM and remediation plans)
- Assessment Reporting
- Coordination and Management
Watts has successfully worked as a provider of short-notice field work and technical services to respond where/when needed on a variety of NYSDOT roadway design and construction projects for the past 23 years.